Jo-Anne Sexton MIACP
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
- I work with clients in my private practice in Portmarnock, North Dublin, in addition to my work in Addiction Services.
- In my work together with clients, I work with a broad range of issues - general counselling, anxiety, depression, trauma, addictions, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress (PTSD), resilience development & coping skills, sexual abuse, suicide & self-harming behaviour, impact of loss and suicide on family and friends, personal development, bereavement, loss, adoption, health issue, stress, work issues, anger, domestic abuse (male & female), family issues, relationship issues, trainee counsellor/student counselling, phobias, post-abortion counselling, family issues, bullying etc.
- I am currently training as a Clinical Supervisor (2020-2021)
- I attend regular Supervision to ensure my ongoing clinical work, training and professional standards are maintained.
- I have designed and delivered a number of workshops for both clinical and non-clinical staff across different sectors on Trauma & Self-Care . I have a particular interest in staff support and empowering employees to feel and work safely within their individual roles.
- I am a fully Accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and work in accordance with their Code of Ethics and Practice (www.irish-counselling.ie/index.php/iacp-code-ethics-practice).
- I use an integrative approach in my work with clients, drawing upon various therapeutic techniques including person-centred, psychodynamic, CBT etc.
- I have successfully completed training on Trauma, ASIST training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) and continue my professional development with the IACP and other specialist organisations.
- Prior to my work in Counselling & Psychotherapy, I spent over 10 years in the Private sector in HR and Recruitment Consultancy. I also work with individuals on interview skills training and coaching.
Please phone for appointment availability: