Jo-Anne Sexton MIACP
- I work with clients in my private practice in Portmarnock, North Dublin, in addition to my work in the Addiction Services, HSE North Dublin.
- In my work together with clients, I work with a broad range of issues - general counselling, anxiety, depression, addictions, post-traumatic stress (PTSD), trauma, resilience development & coping skills, sexual abuse, suicide & self-harming behaviour, impact of loss and suicide on family and friends, personal development, bereavement, loss, adoption, health issue, stress, work issues, anger, domestic abuse (male & female), eating disorders, relationship issues, trainee counsellor/student counselling, phobias, post-abortion counselling, family issues, bullying etc.
- I attend regular Supervision to ensure my ongoing clinical work, training and professional standards are maintained. I also attend personal therapy on a regular basis to continue my own personal development.
- I am a fully Accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and work in accordance with their Code of Ethics and Practice (www.irish-counselling.ie/index.php/iacp-code-ethics-practice).
- I use an integrative approach in my work with clients, drawing upon various therapeutic techniques including person-centred, psychodynamic, CBT etc.
- I have completed ASIST training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) through the North Inner City Drugs Task Force and continue my professional development with the IACP.
- I'm continuing my personal professional development with specialist training in Addiction, Trauma Counselling, CBT and Sand Therapy.
- Prior to my work in Counselling & Psychotherapy, I spent over 10 years in the Private sector in HR and Recruitment Consultancy. I also work with individuals on interview skills training and coaching.
Please phone for appointment availability: