Jo-Anne Sexton MIACP
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
- I have been working in private practice and with a large statutory health service for the past number of years as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist in the North Dublin City and County areas. I have further enhanced my skills, training as a Clinical Supervisor and have recently become an Accredited Supervisor with the IACP (2021)
- In my work together with clients, I work with a broad range of issues - issues arising as a result of Covid-19; anxiety, depression, trauma, addictions, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress (PTSD), resilience development & coping skills, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, emotional neglect; attachment and early childhood issues; suicide & self-harming behaviour, impact of loss and suicide on family and friends, personal development, bereavement, loss, adoption, health issue, stress, work issues, anger, domestic violence (male & female), family issues, relationship issues, trainee counsellor/student counselling, phobias, post-aborton counselling, family issues, bullying etc.
- I attend regular Clinical Supervision to ensure my professional competence is maintained and governed to a high standard.
- I have designed and delivered a number of workshops for both clinical and non-clinical staff across different sectors on Trauma & Self-Care . I have a particular interest in staff support and empowering employees to feel and work safely within their individual roles.
- I am a fully Accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and work in accordance with their Code of Ethics and Practice (www.irish-counselling.ie/index.php/iacp-code-ethics-practice).
- I use an integrative approach in my work with clients, drawing upon various therapeutic techniques including person-centred, psychodynamic, CBT etc.
- I have successfully completed training on Trauma, ASIST training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) and continue my professional development with the IACP and other specialist organisations.
- Prior to my work in Counselling & Psychotherapy, I spent over 10 years in the Private sector in HR and Recruitment Consultancy. I also work with individuals on interview skills training and coaching.
Please phone for appointment availability: